ImmunoGuard™ DIY Elderberry Syrup Kit with Healing Roots is handcrafted from strictly certified organic ingredients, including: Organic Dried Elderberries, Organic Schisandra Berries, Organic Echinacea Purpurea Root, Organic Eleuthero Root, Organic Ceylon Sweet Cinnamon Stick.
ImmunoGuard DIY Kit Instructions:
– 3c cold water
– 3/4c raw honey
– 5 oz. brandy or Jacquin’s Rock and Rye is optional. Please do not use if giving to children.
DIY (Do-it yourself) Directions:
1) Combine water and ImmunoGuard Mix in a pot.
2) Bring to boil.
3) Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 40 mins.
4) Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature
5) Mash up berries in the pot to extract all juices
6) Strain through cheesecloth or strainer and squeeze herbs to extract all liquids.
7) Add raw honey to your liquid mixture and gently heat for a few minutes while stirring until well combined (DO NOT BOIL!)
8) Stir in optional Brandy and pour into your sterilized Ball Mason Jar provided with your Starter Kit.
8) Keep refrigerated for up to 6 months. Watch for changes in smell, taste, or consistency. Syrup made without brandy will not last as long as those made with brandy.
Common Directions for taking Elderberry Syrup*:
A. Illness Preventative:
– Adults and children over 30 lbs. ~1 tsp twice/day
– Children over 1 year and older (20-30 lbs.) ~1/2 tsp twice/day
B) When Illness Symptoms Appear (within 48 hrs.):
– Adults and children over 30 lbs. ~ 1 tsp every 4 hrs.
– Children over 1 and older (20 – 30 lbs.) ~ 1/2 tsp every 4 hrs.
For more information of Elderberry Syrup, we suggest reading the following article:
The Health Benefits of Elderberry by Cathy Wong at Very Well Health, Jan. 2020.
*This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease. Keep in mind that elderberry should never be used as a substitute for standard care. Self-treating a condition and delaying the standard care of treatment may have serious consequences. Do not give honey to children under 1 year old. As with all herbs you should always check with your doctor before taking, especially if your on any kind of medications (including over-the-counter) or have underlying medical conditions.